Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cream of Tartar...who knew?

So I just wanted to let everyone know of a new secret weapon in the kitchen.  Cream of Tartar!!!  I know, who actually uses it?  We all have it for some reason...I had 2 1/2 little containers because I made playdough over the summer...but really, I never use it.

Until today!!  I noticed that my stockpot was developing that gross film that just happens...scrub though I may it just wasn't coming off.  So I went online and found a suggestion from another blog (can't remember the name, I think it was  Paystolivegreen.com or something like that...I'll figure it out). 

Regardless, they recommended 1 tsp cream of tartar to 1 quart of water.  Boil for 10 minutes and the scunge will be gone!  

Believe it or not it was true!!  I could see it getting cleaner while it boiled!!  LOVED IT!!! 

I've already started using vinegar to clean mold (and generally disinfect), borax to help with drains and laundry.  Baking soda for laundry and kitchen cleaning.  I am digging this whole idea of household items to clean your stuff.  It's cheap and with a little elbow grease, it works!!!

Anyway, I will let you go, that is enough about cleaning for one day!!  Phew!

1 comment: